“We need more games to build a better future” states Isac Doru, the Technical Director of the All India Football Federation

With more than 30 years of experience in the football industry, Isac Doru, the former assistant of Arsene Wenger and the current Technical Director of the All India Football Federation believes that the state associations have a pivotal role to play for the development of football in the nation.

While football in India is seemingly at a rise and are considered as the ”Sleeping Giants” of world football, Mr Doru affirms that the state associations can only take the game forward.

“The State Associations are the bricks that build up the future of Indian football. These bricks make up the foundation. It is our job, as the federation, to work together in harmony and help football grow,” said Doru.

He further emphasized on the role of the State Development Officers. They are crucial for this process. With the country reviving the old tournaments like the Durand Cup and introducing newer ones like the Super Cup, Mr Doru quoted that the increase in participation will pave the future.

“The total states covered by the Development Officers of each state allows us to cover a larger area and a larger number of people,” said Doru. “Ultimately, though, this larger reach can only be capitalised upon, if more competitions are held, giving the footballers across all levels in the nation, more opportunities to play the game and improve themselves,” stated Isac Doru in a recent capacity workshop held in Delhi.

The new man at the helm thoroughly focused on the fact that the nation needs more competitions. People need to engage more with the game. Currently, 44% of the youth Indians play a sport. The associations and the stakeholders need to focus on the other 56%.

“We need more competitions. We need more games to build a better future. I read a lot about training techniques, and this and that. But the harsh reality is that we need our footballers to play more games, to play more competitions. A larger reach will certainly help us attain that.” concluded the Technical Director of Indian football.

For Trial related updates: Latest trials updates in Mumbai Football

Also Read: India hold hosts Uzbekistan to qualify for the AFC U16 Finals
Also Read: Shetty and Anchan retain posts as KSA President and Vice-President

Football Counter would love to hear your thoughts or feedback on your experience: Feedback on Football Counter experience
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for all the latest happenings in the world of Indian football.

Mumbai Customs to conduct trials for Elite League

Former champions Mumbai Customs will be holding open trials for the upcoming MFA Elite Corporate League (Elite Division) The 2019 MFA Elite Division champions Mumbai Customs are conducting open trials…


Sunday Boys to hold trials for MFA 1st Division

MFA 1st division side Sunday Boys FC will be conducting trials in the first week of November for the upcoming football season Sunday Boys Football Club was established in the…


Millat FC to hold trials for MFA Elite Premier League

Millat FC – a club plying their trade in MFA Elite Division will be conducting open trials for their upcoming 2022-23 season Last season Millat had a decent run in…


MFA Elite Division club KSA to conduct trials for the upcoming season

Karnataka Sporting Association (KSA) – a club plying their trade in MFA Elite Division will be conducting open trials for their upcoming 2022-23 season Last season KSA had an amazing…


Young Guns Football Acadmey to conduct trials for their upcoming MFA 3rd Division Campaign

MFA 3rd Division club Young Guns Football Academy will be conducting open trials on October 9th for their upcoming season in Mumbai Football Young Guns Football Academy was founded in…


OSCAR SSE to conduct trials for Youth I League and YPL team in the U13 category in Mumbai

Mumbai-based OSCAR SSE will conduct trials for their Youth I League and YPL team on 16th and 17th July 2022 at Wings Sports Centre ground. Oscar SSE is a 2-star…


ROQS to host trials for MFA Super Division

ROQS is revamping their squad for the upcoming season of the MFA Super Division. The team is organising trials for the men’s football team on Monday, 11th of July, 2022….


MSP Academy is holding trials for the upcoming MFA Youth League

MFA Super Division club Mumbai Soccer Prodigies will be conducting trials for their MFA Youth League campaign on 22nd May 2022 in Bandra, Mumbai. Founded in 2006, the Mumbai Soccer…


Football School of India to conduct Youth Trials

Mumbai-based Football School of India is going to conduct youth trials for its boys and girls squads. The trials will be conducted for players in the age group of under-13…


Bengaluru FC Elite Youth Football Trials

Bengaluru Football Club is a professional club that competes in the Indian Super League (ISL) and are past champions of the I-League and ISL. The club has launched its Soccer…